Frequently Asked Questions
- Saturday and Sunday activities will be held on the Waterways Festival grounds in Victoria-by-the-Sea, located next to the Victoria lighthouse. (10 Russell St, Victoria, PE)
- All demonstrations, workshops and performances, including the Madison Violet show, will be held at the Waterways Festival grounds.
- Friday evening activities for weekend registrants will be held at the Marine Rail Park in Borden-Carleton.
- The long paddle on Saturday morning will launch from the wharf on Main St. in Borden-Carleton. Parking will be available on Borden Ave.
Waterway participants will have access to a shuttle service that will transport paddlers and their kayaks/canoes back to the launching area in Borden-Carelton after the long paddle. This is included in your weekend pass.
Registration for paddling workshops will be based on a first-come, first-served basis on Saturday and Sunday. Each workshop will be limited to 6 participants. All workshop participants must sign a waiver before taking part.
Saturday, June 10
2:00PM – 3:30PM – Introduction to Canoeing
2:00PM – 3:30PM – Introductory & Intermediate Paddleboarding
2:00PM – 3:30PM – Advanced Kayaking
4:00PM – 5:30PM – Intermediate Canoeing
4:00PM – 5:30PM – Introduction to Kayaking
Sunday, June 11
9:00AM – 10:15AM – Introduction to Kayaking
10:45AM – 12:00PM – Advanced Kayaking
NOTE: Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult in order to take part in paddling workshops and participants 15-19 years old must have signed parental consent.
- Workshop participants are encouraged to bring their own kayak/canoe/paddle board. There will be a limited number of kayaks, canoes and paddleboards available to those participants who do not have access to their own.
- If you need to rent a kayak for the sunrise paddle on Sunday morning, please contact By-the-Sea-Kayaking in Victoria-by-the-Sea. The rental fee for a kayak is $40.
The weekend registration fee for Waterways Paddling Festival participants includes:
Participation in Saturday’s long paddle
Shuttle service back to launching point after the long paddle on Saturday morning
Access to festival grounds, all activities, paddling workshops and performances (including Madison Violet show 19 years+)
Participation in Sunday’s sunrise paddle
Meals throughout the weekend:
Pre-paddle snacks at the Borden Wharf including delicious handpies from The Handple Company in Borden.
Lunch in Victoria-by-the-Sea provided by our friends at the Lobster Barn Pub and Eatery will feature their specialty Lobster Rolls with choice of salad or fries.
Supper, also provided by the Lobster Barn Pub and Eatery will start with fresh island Mussels followed by grilled Haddock.
Beachcombers on the Wharf restaurant will provide a hearty breakfast for hungry paddlers who will be hungry after a sunrise paddle.
Days passes to the festival grounds in Victoria-by-the-Sea are available for Saturday, June 10 and Sunday, June 11. Day passes are available to anyone and can be purchased here or at the festival grounds.
Adults – $25.00
Kids (15-19 years) – $15.00
Kids 14 and under – Free
Note: The Madison Violet performance on Saturday evening is a 19+ event.
Saturday’s day pass does not include access to the long paddle. The long paddle is open to weekend registrants only.
We encourage paddlers to bring their own kayak for Waterways Paddling Festival. If you need to rent a kayak for the long paddle, please contact By-the-Sea-Kayaking in Victoria-by-the-Sea. The rental fee for a kayak is $60.